The French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo’s new year’s edition of 2015 featured a cartoon that eerily foreshadowed the terrorist attack that was to happen a few days later. Most of the editors were killed. Stéphane Charbonnier, the editorial director, drew a cartoon pointing at the possibility of a terrorist attack in January 2015. In English, the title reads: “No attacks yet in France.” The terrorist on the cartoon then says “Wait! We have until the end of January to send you New Year wishes.”1
Pim Fortuyn and Theo Van Gogh assassinations
There are 911 days between two recent political killings in the Netherlands. This is remarkable as both incidents are related to the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks. On 6 May 2002 the Dutch populist politician Pim Fortuyn was assassinated by a left-wing extremist. Fortuyn gained momentum after the attacks of 11 September 2001 because of his stance against Islam and immigration.2
On 2 November 2004 the Dutch film producer Theo Van Gogh was killed by an Islamic fanatic for insulting the prophet Muhammad. The last film Van Gogh completed before his death, 06/05, was about the assassination of Fortuyn.3 The date 2 November can be rewritten as 11/2 (American notation), while 112 is the European emergency telephone number. This is remarkable in combination with the 911 days between both assassinations.
On 2 November 2011, the French satirical paper Charlie Hebdo was attacked in Paris, shortly after the prophet Mohammed featured on its cover.4 This date being the same as the date of the assassination of Theo Van Gogh made the Dutch website Geenstijl.nl declare 2 November to be the most humourless day in the history of Islam.5
On the same day photographs of Umar Patek and his wife appeared in the news. The mastermind behind the attacks in Bali in 2002 posed with his wife for the camera during a reconstruction of his actions in Jakarta.6 The other perpetrators of the Bali bombings had already been executed on 9 November 2008.7 The date 9 November can be rewritten to 9/11 (European notation).
Madrid train bombings of 2004
On 11 March 2004 the Madrid train bombings took place. It was the largest terrorist attack after 11 September 2001. There were 912 calendar days between 11 September 2001 and 11 March 2004. Due to the different time zones Spain and the United States are in, the number of full days between the events was 911. In the Madrid train bombings 191 people were killed,8 a number that has the same digits as 911.
7 July 2005 London suicide bombings
The number seven appears to be behind the London suicide bombings of 7 July 2005. 7 July can be rewritten as 7/7, while the numbers of 2005 added up make 7, making three sevens or 7-7-7. The number of people killed, including the four suicide bombers was 56,9 also a multiple of seven. Two weeks later (which is 2 times 7 days) on 21 July 2005, another attack on London was staged,10 while 21 is three times seven or three sevens.
During the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001 343 FNDY personnel were killed while 7 x 7 x 7 = 343.11 On 11 September 2001 the North American Aerospace Defense Command was conducting a military exercise named Global Guardian. One of the scenarios being simulated was a hijacking of planes.12 The London Police completed a terror training exercise which envisaged an attack on London’s transport network just days before the 7/7 terrorist attacks.13
Benghazi attack and China riots
On 11 September 2012, exactly 11 years after 11 September 2001, the US consulate in Benghazi was attacked. The ambassador and three others were killed. After the attacks riots broke out in a number of Islamic countries and angry people violated a number of Western embassies.14
On that day President Barack Obama was exactly 18,666 days old while 18 = 6 + 6 + 6. He was born on 4 August 1961. It just happens to be that 4 August is the 216th day of the year while 216 = 6 * 6 * 6. This is curious as many people considered President Obama to be the Antichrist.15 In this respect it is also remarkable that Satan’s character in History Channel’s Bible series resembled President Obama.16
Also on 11 September 2012, a territorial dispute between China and Japan over a group of islands in the East China Sea intensified. Anti-Japanese riots broke out in China and protesters gathered outside the Japanese embassy in Beijing.17 Japan’s ambassador-designate to China then fell ill and died in a Tokyo hospital a few days later.18
The coincidence is peculiar for a few reasons. It was 11 years after 11 September 2001 so this is an 11:11 related coincidence as 9 + 1 + 1 = 11. In both incidents there was violence near embassies. And in both instances the ambassador died. The relation with Obama 666 is also remarkable as he was born on the 216th day of the year. But that’s not all that happened that day.
The Hague and Eindhoven public transport accidents
Also on 11 September 2012 a collision of trams 9 and 11 near the Hollands Spoor Station in The Hague in the Netherlands caused 36 people to be wounded.19 A few days before 11 September 2012, a report came into the news that Al-Qaeda had recruited two Somali men to carry out a suicide attack in The Hague.20
On the same day a major bus accident took place in Eindhoven, causing 27 wounded,21 while 27 = 9 + 9 + 9 and 999 is the emergency telephone number in Great Britain and Ireland. The bus accident in Eindhoven happened 11 years after the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001, while two emergency landings happened in one day on Eindhoven Airport on 11 September 2010, exactly 9 years after the terrorist attacks of 11 September 2001,22 producing a 9:11 related coincidence. As 36 = 9 + 9 + 9 + 9 and 27 = 9 + 9 + 9, the numbers of wounded people in both accidents are also interesting.
Some other tidbits
Exactly ten years after the attacks, on 11 September 2011, a blogger using undisclosed sources noted that the estimated death toll in Iraq and Afghanistan amounted to 911,911. An interesting number, he added.23
On 8 August 2012, about 100 firemen responded to what the FDNY called an equipment fire likely sparked by welding on the 88th floor of 1 World Trade Center that was being built.24 The date, 8 August (8/8) and 88th floor make an 11:11 related coincidence. It is also related to the World Trade Center and emergency services.
On 11 September 2015, a powerful storm toppled a construction crane at the Grand Mosque in Mecca, Islam’s holiest site, killing 111 people. It is remarkable that the crane fell over on 11 September and that it was operated by the Saudi Binladin Group, founded by the father of Osama Bin Laden, while most hijackers of the 11 September 2001 attacks came from Saudi Arabia. An engineer for the Binladin Group said the accident was an act of God.25
The 22 March 2016 Brussels bombings consisted of two attacks. The first bombing targeted the desk of American Airlines on the Brussels’ airport. American Airlines was one of the airlines used for the attacks of 11 September 2001. The second bombing was exactly at 9:11 AM.26 The perpetrators probably did not plan this as the bombings have been executed hastily after the Belgian police caught the mastermind of the Paris terrorist attacks a few days earlier.
Featured image: Toujours pas d’attentats en France. Stéphane Charbonnier. Charlie Hebdo (2015). [Copyright]
1. Murdered French Cartoonist Charb Predicted Attack In Chilling Cartoon. Huffington Post Canada (2015). [link]
2. Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn assassinated. The Guardian (2002). [link]
3. Life of slain Dutch film-maker. BBC (2004). [link]
4. French satirical paper Charlie Hebdo attacked in Paris. BBC (2011). [link]
5. Tijdschrift Charlie Hebdo vangt Moslim-molotov. Van Rossem. Geenstijl (2011). [link]
6. The bomber and his bride: Chilling smile of Al Qaeda mastermind behind Bali bombings as he is paraded with his wife. Wil Longbottom. Mail Online (2011). [link]
7. 2002 Bali bombings. Wikipedia. [link]
8. 2004 Madrid train bombings. Wikipedia. [link]
9. 7 July 2005 London bombings. Wikipedia. [link]
10. 21 July 2005 London bombings. Wikipedia. [link]
11. September 11 attacks. Wikipedia. [link]
12. Global Guardian. Wikipedia. [link]
13. Counter-terrorist training exercise days before 7/7 was ‘entirely a coincidence’. Mail Online (2011). [link]
14. 2012 Benghazi attack. Wikipedia. [link]
15. Poll: 13% think Obama is the anti-Christ; 29% believe in aliens. Ruth Brown. USA Today (2013). [link]
16. ‘The Bible’ producers: Satan/Obama? ‘Utter nonsense’. Ann Oldenburg. USA Today (2013). [link]
17. Senkaku islands dispute escalates as China sends out patrol ships. Associated Press (2012). [link]
18. Japan’s ambassador-designate to China dies in Tokyo – ministry. Reuters (2012). [link]
19. Tientallen gewonden door aanrijding trams in Den Haag. Nu.nl (2012). [link]
20. ‘Den Haag doelwit van al-Qaeda’. Nu.nl (2012). [link]
21. Gewonden door aanrijding passagiersbus in Eindhoven. Nu.nl (2012). [link]
22. Twee noodlandingen in korte tijd op Eindhoven Airport. Ronald. Travel.blog.nl (2010). [link]
23. Humbug. Dan Dailey. Wandervogel Diary (2011). [link]
24. FDNY Responds to Fire Report at WTC. Katherine Creag. NBC New York (2012). [link]
25. Mecca crane collapse. Wikipedia. [link]
26. Strikes Claimed by ISIS Shut Brussels and Shake European Security. Alissa J. Rubin, Aurelien Breeden and Anita Raghavan. New York Times (2016). [link]